Monday, September 3, 2012

Our wedding was just this past week (August 29th) and it was amazing! We were so happy with how everything turned out and we had so much fun with our family and friends. We could not have asked for a more perfect day or location. We had it at Oceanstone Resort in beautiful Peggy's Cove and it was amazing. We can't wait to go back there for our anniversary next year!

I had tasked myself with making our wedding cake and as the day got closer and the stress built up I was beginning to think that wasn't the best idea. It ended up that our timing was awesome and I had more than enough time to make our cake and still socialize with our house guests.


I made a three tier cake with buttercream and fondant.Base tier was a french vanilla with a combination of buttercream and cherry filling. 
The middle tier was a chocolate fudge with chocolate nutella icing (and it was my favorite!)The top tier was a chocolate fudge with a combination of buttercream and raspberry filling.We ate the last piece of cake yesterday and I was sad to see it go!





No comments: